Search This Blog

Welcome to my nail blog.
Where you will see nail polish reviews, my nails of the week, and some tutorials and tips. You will also see adventures in the stores in which I get my materials. I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pastel Colors and Animal Print Nails

Hi!
Today's nail show is...


Pastel Leopard Print with Cartoon Bows

I came up with design after looking at Nail Up magazine and nails from a blog called NorikoNail. I saw two designs that I really liked and I couldn't decide which one to do. One of the designs was of leopard print nails using pastel colors (on page 102, Nov 2012), the other design had bright colored bows on a white base color. I fell for the idea of those two nail designs. Without much thought I decided to us the two designs to create my own. And I came up with this.

I had drawn the design in the beginning of the video when I was filming this tutorial but it got erased.
 I had a couple of problems after that. The video was more than 9 minutes long. I also had to re-film the first half because it got erased as well.

In the end it worked out well.


This design consists of leopard on the pinky and middle nail and bright colored cartoon like bows on the thumb, index and ring finger nail.

With the leopard design I did pill like nails in a nude color and on top were pink, blue, lilac and mint blobs with brown acrylic paint around it. I also added a line of gold glitter on the middle of the nails.

 For the other design it was the blue, pink, mint and lilac nail polishes I used for the blobs as the base color and two triangles or an "X" filled in with bright versions of the colors I used before. On top of the bow I used black acrylic paint to trace around, but now on the border. Just a little out of line.


I really wish I would have taken more photos. That way I could have explained better.













Bye-Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are love.